Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Introduction

Hi all.

Although I have had a nation in Lazarus for about a month, I was only recently appointed Ambassador from The East Pacific. My main nation is Evrigenis and my resident nation is Sebmrtan, but you can just call me y0. I look forward to cultivating a relationship with you. If you have any questions about TEP, feel free to reach out here or on Discord!
[Image: a4z7c2M.png]

Well, a belated welcome to Lazarus then! :) I look forward to getting to know you and TEP better too.
mooze pencil:

Welcome. Smile
Director
Deputy Speaker

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 03:10 PM by Imaginary.)

Your name(s?) seems like it has a story behind it that I'm interested in hearing one day. :P

Welcome!
mooze pencil:

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 05:21 PM by borromeanWhyKnot.)

(03-28-2020, 03:10 PM)Imaginary Wrote: Your name(s?) seems like it has a story behind it that I'm interested in hearing one day. Tongue

Welcome!

All of them have multiple meanings; in my RPs in TEP, I am somewhat known for spending an inordinate amount of time thinking of names. Here are short explanations of a few of them:

Evrigenis
1) a semi-obscure Greek last name. I wanted it to be easily searchable and my RP nation is based on ancient Greek philosophy.
2) Every + Genus. iRP Evrigenis is also extremely multi-cultural and multilingual.
3) letter scrambling. Many of my nations include this feature.

Sebmrtan
1) A transliteration of the Serbian word for "immortal," "Бесмртан" (besmrtan). It was the first nation I sent to a sinker, and I thought naming that nation after immortality would be fittingly ironic.
2) letter scrambling.
3) Before I made the nation, Google/Bing/etc had no results for it.

borromeanWhyKnot
1) Evrigenis' flag is Borromean rings, also known as a Borromean knot in other languages. I might explain the multifaceted symbolism of Ev's flag in a separate post.
2) I used the Borromean Islands of Italy as inspiration for some of my iRP geography.
3) WhyKnot has a homophone with "Why not?", the question of innovation.
4) camelCase. For anyone who can program, this reference is probably the most obvious.
5) exactly zero search results before I made forum profiles.

y0 or y0 (where subscripts are supported, the latter is preferred)
1) A minimally lossy way to abbreviate borromeanWhyKnot per unit keystroke.
2) looks similar to the greeting. I like to be friendly and say hi to everyone.
3) y naught, the initial value of height. I am still quite new and I like to think of myself as just beginning.
4) it is none of my puppets names and the nation that had that name CTEd a couple years ago. I don't want to be someone else to be confused with me and I don't want to say that I am synonymous one of my many nations-I am all of them.

Bonus: Huzza
Since Warzone Airspace is currently a Lazarene colony, I may as well add this in.
1) Huzzah!
2) letter scrambling

What are the stories behind your names? This is a question open to ALL, not just Sylven Razeduck/Imaginary.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
[Image: a4z7c2M.png]